
When I received a set of Papier Mache Chest Boxes from
Happy Daze I knew instantly that the smallest of the two would be perfect for altering ... a la
Tim Holtz style of course! The smallest measures approx 14 x 8 x 10 cm.

My set of
Distress Stains were crying out to be housed in something as cool as this, rather than just sitting on the craft stash shelf. The chest has been stained with
Distress Inks (Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain),
Distress Stain (Vintage Photo), spritzed here and there with
Perfect Pearl Mists (Heirloom Gold & Perfect Pearl).

I have used
Ideaology Salvage Stickers from
Lost & Found,
Seasonal &
Crowded Attic to decorate the entire chest.

Areas of the chest have been highlighted with
Metallic Rub On Paste Kit 2.
The flower was made using
Grungepaper and the
Tim Holtz Alteration Die Tattered Florals.

After faffing about last night making various
rosettes, I had a couple of
Kraft Resist scrap strips left ... then the lightbulb moment happened ... I thought it would be kind of cool to try and create a faux corrigated tile effect to add some dimension to the front of the box. I also used the scraps to decorate the box just above the metal clasp closure. The
Kraft Resist was inked with
Distress Stain Vintage Photo.
Available from Happy Daze: Distress Stains, Distress Inks, Papier MacheChest, Salvage Stickers, Metallic Rub On Paste Kit 2, Kraft Resist Paper Pad.
18 comments:
One word.... dropdeadchuffinggorgeouslyawesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just stunning! May have to pop across to Happy Daze..... lol.
wow looks fab!
i saw these on Happy Daze and hesitated. thank you for clearing up my mind: i defenately need one of those! gorgeously yummi!
Brilliant!
Thank you so much for popping by my bloga nd for your lovely comment. This chest is so beautiful, very inspiring.
Hugs
Carrie
This is fantastic, it looks metallic, even hubby said it was great, praise indeed!
Ooh love these and great storage idea for the stains and beautifully decorated too, love it. Tracy x
Wowza - That is some real Tim Holtz beauty! Love this and all the details - paper mache huh - I thought you found a vintage lunch box - be-u-te-ful!!!
WOW! What awesome pieces!
Hey Gillian!!!
Missed this one yesterday!! How most rude of me!lol!! Hun this is a STUNNING.....I love it lots, Only thing is I think it would look so much better living in my house, LMAO,
FABULOUS!!
Kazx
Right thats it, I think i've managed to comment at every possible place this has been shown to tell ya how frickin amazing it is :D
This is STUNNING. I love this with a passion!
Just awesome! Love it! x
That is beautiful :) Thanks for your comment on my blog
Just linked this on my blog in relation to it inspiring a chest I have altered... Hope it gets more visitors. its so so so cool.... ( it inspired me loads and wanted folks to come and see the original.)
WOW........
love it - I have just discovered happy daze and was glad to see such a creation using their products
Post a Comment