Saturday, 10 January 2009

GIVE ME A SIGN .....



Over at Awfully Big Art Adventure, this weeks theme is "Give Me A"Sign", we are asked to choose a word that has meaning to us for the year ahead. I have chosen "Peace" and as the quote says - Find Peace Within - (within yourself) before you can truly appreciate others, this is my motto for 2009!

Rusty Icicle - PaperWhimsy
Stamp - Stampers Anonymous

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is amazing! Love the word you choose.

Sue McGettigan said...

Ah yes, Peace, it's my favourite word for the new year every single year. I live in hope, and work on inner peace every day.

Unknown said...

That is really really cool! I love the shape!

Sarah said...

Great piece Gillian

Sandy said...

Wow this is great.
Stunning work as always.

Rosie said...

I absolutely LOVE this - the brown/rusty thing being my all time favourite. A lovely sentiment too! Well done and thanks for joining in our challenge.
Love
Rosie ABAA

Jen Crossley said...

Gillian this is just beautiful
Jen

Anonymous said...

wow your 2009 work so far has blown me away...love everything about this piece...shape,colour,stamped image and quote.

Anonymous said...

this is soooo gorgeous! I love the images you used! Happy New Year and may we all find peace in 2009!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful and suited to the sentiment, which I love.

xxxxxxxx

joanne wardle said...

great motto and a great piece

Moira said...

This is fabulous, both the work and the sentiment

Viola said...

Just gorgeous, Gillian!

Linda Vincent said...

This is fantastic - I love it! Thanks for the inspiration, I'm off to track down some rusty icicles...
Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Gillian this is gorgeous! I absolutely love it and the saying...I hope you don't mind but I may adopt it myself...it makes so much sense to me in my unsettled state at the moment! I even spotted an offer of a free yoga dvd in Sainsbruy's magazine (and so bought the magazine just for that!) Me...yoga?? lol. I have not idea how! Just am going to try and find some inner peace as I cannot go on with all this turmoil in my head any more. I love your piece. It's inspired me and I am going to join you and make a piece with the same theme! Perhaps we could swap? :)

Heather Robinson said...

My dear friend, I miss you so! I just haven't had much time online...or at my art table....lately. I think this piece depicting peace really does capture the desire we all have to feel calm within. Wonderful in every way! Hugs to you...

Virginia said...

Really wonderful piece and great sentiment..

*jean* said...

beautiful sign!! well done!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian - just love this piece. Never heard of Rusty Icicles - will have to investigate ....

cookievf said...

Beautiful!! And a powerful concept, since we must find it internally before we can ever hope to see it happen externally. (going to check out that challenge website)

- vicki xo

Anonymous said...

Awesome

Jaqi said...

Stunning, what a brilliant piece, well done Jaqi

Carol Q said...

Fab piece Gillian, very ethnic. It made me think of the American Indians. it's really set off by the background you've photoed it against. off to investigate rusty icicles!