Wednesday, 8 February 2012

A Recipe Challenge .... Simon Says Stamp & Show





Hello everyone .... hope you are all surviving the chilly weather and keeping warm. Having had some inky time last night means I can play in this weeks theme over at Simon Says Stamp & Show where the theme is a "recipe challenge" .... but not of the food kind ... oh no .... it's Torn Edges, Distress Inks, Wings & a Button.

I was given this old cigar box by hubby a while back so after giving it a thin coat of Gesso, I then tore strips of different Tissue Tape, applied another thin coat of Buttermilk paint. I then used a Crafters Workshop stencil to apply French Slate Grey paint. I have used Distress Inks (Antique Linen) to distress areas of the box. I painted Tim Holtz's Weathered Clock die & Cogs n Gears using the French Slate Grey paint then applied a coat of Rock Candy Distress Paint, once dry I applied some metallic gold paint to highlight the crackle. The Ideaology Wings & Philosophy Tag have been painted using Adirondack Paint Dabber with Distress Ink on top. I stamped onto Tissue Tape using the Little Labels set and inked with Vintage Photo then wrapped around the cork vial , adding some rusty wire and memo pin. The box has also been sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Old Lace).


17 comments:

Candy C said...

Gillian your box is beautiful! I love the washed color over the top and then all of the wonderful Tim stuff...from the weathered clock die cut to the Ideaology pieces. It's all wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Zuzu's Blog said...

not sure i was logged in the last time I commented.. so.. repeat...

Very nice indeed.. I like this.
Z x

Terry said...

Hiya Gillian, thank you for joining into the fun at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, your fabuloso box is beautifull, wowzerss has all the ingredients and the washed color on the box is just great. Embellies absolutely georgous. You made a really wonderfull box Thank you for joining and sharing, Hugs Terry xxxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great altered box, love the washed colour and the use of the weathered clock and ideaology. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Minxy said...

Beautiful sweet, I thought at first you had been at the rusting powder, the metal bits look very cool x

Helen said...

I love the box too, Gillian! The colour is just fabulous. Think I'm going to run out of time for this again this week!

Lori said...

Wow, this is fabulous Gillian! Love the weathered clock! Looks fabbilicious!

Alison said...

I love the shabby chic look of your box Gillian, it's beautiful! x

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous! Love the layers. The burlap and the metal accents!

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Gillian this is just luscious, gorgeous colours and elements used on it.
hugs {brenda} xox

Kathy Ethington said...

My jaw dropped when I saw your box...stunning!! Love all the washes and the color is too awesome.

Lynne Forsythe said...

Gillan....your box is JUST A~MAZING...love the colors...embellies...oh HECK...EVERYTHING about it!!!

thanks BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the box the colours are just beautiful.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh wow! This is lovely! I like the colors and the corrugated sides! Really beautiful work : )

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter

craftimamma said...

I could have sworn I already commented on this fabulous design but I must have got interrupted. Anyway, Gillian it is gorgeous! Pretty delicate colours and lovely elements you've added. Beautiful!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Oooh I Love what you have done with the cigar box Gillian, love the colours and paint effects :-)

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Hi Gillian, Thank you for your blog visit and for your sweet comment :)
...and WOW!! love your altered box...stunning work, beautifully embellished!!
Jan x