Saturday, 1 May 2010

TIN PAN ALLEY ....

This months theme over at ALTER IT MONTHLY is "Metal" .... Perfect .... I particulry love incorporating rusty element pieces into my artwork. Below are a few samples that I had fun creating.

Firstly, a Rusty Cone ..... Don't ya just love those Prima flowers .... available at Happy Daze



Secondly, a 5x7 Canvas Shadow Box using a variety of acrylic paints, vintage music sheet, rusty metal scrap octagon. Stamp from Paperbag Studios.

I'm also entering this shadow box into Sunday Stampers 100th birthday challenge "Free as a bird" and Mixed Media Monday where the theme is "Mothers".


Thirdly, a Rusty Metal House ornament altered using Distress Inks (Bundled Sage, Rusty Hinge & Stormy Sky), stamps from Stampers Anonymous "Shabby French Collection", images (Paper Whimsy), edged with Viva Decor Inka Gold Paint (Hematite).


22 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

LOL.. well as I am also drooling at your page.. i think it could be a mutual swap.. no need to steal anything ;)

Nice work gillian

Moira said...

Gillian I love these things especially the house and the frame. They are the dogs balleriacs. I covet them muchly

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

These are so lush!!!!
I love the house too :D

Sherry Goodloe said...

That metal house ornament reminds me of the beautiful ornament I won from you a couple of years ago on OWOH . . . I still have it displayed for everyone that enters to see *smiles*. Love your art!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art, thanks for linking in with the Sunday Stamper :O))

Minxy said...

Super selection of marvlous metal

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Gorgeous pieces!!! I especially love the Patina on the house ornie and shadow box!!!
xoxo,
Kristin

Lynn Stevens said...

Love love Love the metal house!

Anonymous said...

what wonderful creations Gillian...adore them all!

Mollye said...

Hi Gillian, I adore everything but especially the shadowbox. Great bloggy!

indybev said...

Lovely stuff to see here!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely work!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this are fabulous!!! I love it all! WOnderful work--truly!
Hugs,
Cindy Adkins
www.recoveryartist.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are really gorgeous. You've got so much talent.

Rika said...

Beautiful piece Gillian!

My Creative House said...

Gillian all these metal things are gorgeous, and I especially like the house, it is so wonderful altered.
Anni

Lori Saul said...

Amazing art pieces - beautifully vintage!

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgoeus pieces

Diane said...

Ooooh, such gorgeous art, Gillian! Love it! Diane

Sarah said...

Great pieces Gillian x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

How beautiful is this piece of artwork? Stunning. Lynne M (also from Scotland!)

Anonymous said...

Love these!!!!