Anyways on with the the other reason to celebrate THE Wendy Vecchi .... this weeks theme over at my favourite challenge blog Simon Says Stamp is to Show Some Wendy Vecchi Style ... would be rude not to join in right!
So with Art Parts and Studio 490 stamps in hand, some Distress Stains & Distress Inks, a little bit of Ideaology .... voila lol
I used Picket Fence to cover the shrine and other Art Parts, then added Weathered Wood & Faded Jeans Distress Stains to give the shrine a weathered/aged feel. I then spritzed through a Crafters Workshop mask with Perfect Pearl Mists in Blue Patina & Cappuccino. I used Distress Inks in Gathered Twigs & Tea Dye for stamping/distressing.
Woo hoo I have an exciting week ahead, I'm offically on holiday for a week .... AND *breathe* I'm off to London on Thursday to meet up with my two very good arty friends Hels & Minxy .... then *hyperventalating now* lol .... a class with THE Dina Wakely at Lins on Friday .... oh my giddy aunt .... excited muchly.
19 comments:
OOooo hun, this is so gorgeous!! Love the colour scheme too the vials are soooo cool too!! Have yourselves a fabbie time, look forward to hearing all about it xx
kazxx
Fantastic!! You'd never have known you'd been struggling for ideas. And what a week ahead you have - lucky you indeed!!
Fab creation.... glad Mr Mojo has returned.... they must have been away together yours and Hels lol.
Enjoy your trip and the class.... well jel here xx
Wow what a fabulous piece of Wendy inspired art. I love love the shrines, in fact I am a little addicted to decorating them. I love the colours you chose and that key is fantastic as is your dimensional flower and the vials. One fabulous creative piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x
Gillian...your Wendy piece is ultra fabulous! I totally love everything little thing about it. You are so talented! I just love all of the details you use in your pieces. I have no clue why I was not following your blog...but I am now!!! :) LOVE your Wendy piece! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show's Challenge. It's amazing! <3 Candy
a wonderful piece of Vecchi style art
This is such a fab piece of 3D Wendy Vecchi style art Gillian. Love all the details and combined elements.
Ooo, I want my new limited edition DIs to arrive ...... now, lol!
Hugs
Lesley Xx
PS Have a fab time in London with your buddies.
Love the colours in this piece! Have a great weekend, how could you not! Will think of you tomorrow when I'm in the midst of packing for Port Sunlight,will try to keep the gnashing of teeth etc to myself lol.
Oh! So very, very cool! Love this lots and lots and lots! Hoping to see you after class on Friday - we get to go for dinner this time! Fab x
Oh I love this so much!! The keys, the flowers, those beautiful bottles with such wonderful sentiments...just GORGEOUS!!
Glad you are reborn! The love in Wendy's stamps works wonders. Your shrine is so beautiful and I love the faded tones and blue shades you are so good in... the collection of goodies are perfect and I spy a drop of pink. Have a fabulous trip, I'm doing Lynne Perella's workshop next week! Thanks for visiting and thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge
This looks fantastic and I love the colours you have used. Great piece!
Yay art parts!!! I love these! The little corked vials are fabulous as well!
Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook!
Corrrrrr... anything Wendy brings the old Mojo romping home doesn't it... this is GORGEOUS hun... see you... in 11 hours!!!! xx
Oh My... Gillian... you've done it yet again! Your Wendy piece is totally stunning! I love every detail and that shabby color scheme is so classy! Have an awesome time with Hels this weekend - I'm soooo sad that M. won't be able to join you... sending hugs her way and wishes for a speedy recovery...
ELlen xxx
Gillian, I don't know what to say - this is lovely, the muted colours, the design, the composition. I'm highly envious of your this. jo xx
Huge and mahoosive congrats for the SSS&S Top three with this project. I said before how much I loved it and now lots of others have agreed! x
This is beautiful, Gillian! Love the bottles and colors and especially your big gorgeous flower. Congrats on your win at SSS!
well done on winning top 3 over at Simon Says!
Post a Comment